Thursday 21 March 2013

Welsh Egyptian Cake

Whilst I was working at the cafe I got some good opportunities to give out my business card, I was asked to make a unusual cake for one of the regulars. A welsh lady who visits Egypt a lot... I merged the two ideas and  this is what I came up with...


my mum painted the flag which turned out AMAZING.


I was very chuffed with my little sheep too, its great to have a play with sugar paste to see what one can create. 


This was a difficult cake to put together working with 2 square cakes I carved them in to shape to create the pyramid.

Putting the sugar paste on was a little difficult, I cut triangles and stuck them on cutting to size, to make the brick indents I used a CLEAN ruler whilst the sugar paste was still soft. Lastly the sand was made up of finely broken digestive biscuits. Over all this cake was difficult due to the shape but I learnt new skills creating it and was very please with the end result. so was the birthday girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment