Thursday 21 March 2013

Last Years Christmas.

So Christmas time came and went too quickly as usual leaving the weather behind it. This is a great time of year to bake. My mum and nephew made our family's Christmas cake. Its a traditional recipe with royal icing.


Sorry for the bad quality photo. Christmas is a great time to bake and get the kids involved my nephew helped with the icing and "snow" ( icing sugar)

Every year I make one cake for my family and one for the boyfriends family.  I love working with fruit cake or Christmas cake because marzipan makes it easy to cover in sugar paste. This is my festive sugar paste Christmas cake.


My boyfriends niece (Lilly,6) helped me make this ginger bread house with trees. I used the old templates I was given at the national bakery school it worked out great. I'm not gonna take all the credit she did most of the decorating.


Finally I am excited to say I got a waffle maker!! I will definitely post later with different recipes for waffles I am experimenting with. I want to find a brioche recipe that will be crisp on the out side and sweet and soft on the inside so watch this space.


No comments:

Post a Comment