Monday 16 July 2012

Hula dancer cake!


My boyfriend’s niece turned 6 and decided she wanted a Hawaii themed party and as perusal it was on me to make the cake. She loved the rainbow Elvis cake I did last summer for a Hawaii Elvis party and wanted rainbow cake. So after a long think I decided to do a Barbie cake (which 6 year old girl doesn’t love Barbie) but not just any Barbie cake it had to be Hawaiian so here’s my hula dancer cake. 



I was given the cake tin to make this. So making each individual rainbow layer wasn’t going to be an option so I looked in to rainbow cakes just like this 


I found one that worked for me and it turned out better than I expected it would the sponge was moist but not dense with a hint of lemon, the children loved it and it was a wonderful party
.

 inside my cake
 The party was great fun with beautiful face painting and a very happy 6 year old ( and her mother) 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment